Extreme Weather Safety Certification
- Course Code: USVC19WEA
- Location: Online
- Duration: 2.0 hours
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Extreme Weather Safety
Being aware of the risks of extreme weather, as well as specific safety measures, can help us prepare for different weather emergencies.
Extreme weather risks such as storms, hurricanes, tornadoes and extreme heat or cold can take us unawares and result in injuries or even death if we’re not careful.
However, the good news is knowing exactly what to do can help you respond rather than react to the situation.
You Will Learn
- The technical jargon and interpretation of public advisories issued by the weather authorities. You’ll also learn how to prepare for a hurricane and what to do if you’re caught in one.
- Tornadoes can be devastating and you’ll learn what to do – and what not to do – in case of a tornado warning, or if a tornado passes over your area. The course will explain the best places to take shelter and how to avoid injuries.
- You will become aware of the safety measures you can take if you’re caught in your car, while on foot, or in your home during a sudden flash flood.
- How to prevent sunburn, dizziness and lightheadedness in extreme summer heat and what you can do protect yourself and loved ones from extreme cold. The course will also explain important do’s and don’ts if you’re trapped in your car in extreme cold.
Benefits of The Course
- You can effectively protect yourself, your loved ones and your property from the risks of extreme weather.
- Learning the terms and jargon in public advisories helps you understand the severity of the warning and decide on the best way to proceed.
- By understanding the safety measures involved, you can prepare a family plan beforehand and minimize the likelihood of injuries and in extreme cases, even avoid fatalities.
Module 01: Steps to Keep Safe During Hurricanes
Module 02: Steps to Keep Safe During Tornadoes
Module 03: Safety During Flash Floods
Module 04: Safety Tips for Extreme Heat and Cold